Fresh Approaches to Emerging Issues
Thought leaders, decision makers, and stakeholders from across the global transportation enterprise visit U.S. DOT's Volpe National Transportation Systems Center to discuss future transportation issues, generate fresh approaches to emerging issues, anticipate transportation trends, and inform decision making.
See all upcoming events.
A Different Transportation Theme Every Year
- Coming September 2017, Volpe’s new speaker series, The Ongoing Transformation of the Global Transportation System, will bring together top thinkers to explore challenges and opportunities affecting the advancement of transportation.
- Volpe’s 2016 thought leadership speaker series, The Future of Transportation: Safety, Opportunity, and Innovation, brought together top transportation innovators who are thinking beyond the horizon on important transportation issues.
- In 2015, our series Beyond Traffic 2045: Reimagining Transportation explored technology, disruptive innovation, and the future of transportation.
- Our Transportation and the Economy series examined current and emerging issues crucial to moving people and goods to remain competitive in the global economy.
- Our Transportation System Resilience, Extreme Weather, and Climate Change series explored the escalating threats our changing climate presents to the global transportation infrastructure.
Advancing Transportation—in Under an Hour
Each session in our speaker series features a 45-minute talk followed by a live and online question-and-answer session. Hosted at the Volpe Center in Cambridge, the lunchtime series is free and open to the public, although reservations are required. Want to join the conversation but cannot attend live? Join us via webinar.
Dig Deeper with Volpe Colloquia
Transportation Challenges and Opportunities continues Volpe’s long tradition of facilitating knowledge exchange across the transportation community. Our colloquia feature panels of thought leaders and experts from government, academia, and the private sectors who focus on core issues underlying today's most pressing transportation challenges. Members of the transportation community are encouraged to participate in question-and-answer periods.